Nana Olive’s Beef Stew Recipe
Main article content
This super easy Beef Stew recipe is provided by our morning announcer, Jo. A recipe that was given to her from her Nana Olive, passed on through 4 generations now!
Find the ingredients & full method below.
- 1 x Large brown onion
- 1.2kg of diced blade steak (dice to consistent nice portions)
- 1 x 400gm tin of diced tomatoes
- 3 generous tablespoons of tomato paste (with herbs)
- 1 cup of beef stock (to start)
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 400gms of frozen peas or short cut green beans (or a mix)
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Fry the onion with a dab of butter & splash of olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the diced beef, and brown
- Add all of the other ingredients and bring to the boil stir well
- Simmer for 2 hours on the stove.
- Keep slow cooking, reducing the sauce, and add extra beef stock as needed, stirring every now and then.
- The sauce should be rich and tasty and the meat will fall apart in your mouth.
- Serve with Rice & Hot Bread.
Chapman Rice (serves 6)
- Melt 1 teas of butter in a medium pot, and break up a small handful of raw spaghetti to approx. 1cm sticks – stir until the raw spaghetti is well browned.
- Add 2 x cups of basmati rice, stir through
- Add 4 x cups of chicken stock, bring to the boil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Then simmer, lid on for 15 mins exactly.