Stage 4 restrictions & what it means for Victorian businesses
Main article content
On Sunday 2nd August, Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews announced that Stage 4 restrictions will be in place from 6pm that night in Metropolitan Melbourne for 6 weeks.
Stage 4 main key points-
From 2 August, a curfew will be in place in metropolitan Melbourne. Curfews will be in operation from 8pm to 5am every evening, with people only allowed to leave their house for work, and essential health, care or safety reasons.
- Use this map for reference of how far you are allowed to travel from your home under the stage 4 restrictions.
Necessary goods & services
- Stay within 5km from home for shopping. You should stay as close to your home as possible and use the nearest supermarket to you.
- Only 1 person per household can leave home to get essential goods & services, once a day.
- You can only exercise within 5km of your home, with only 1 other person, as long as neither of you travel 5km from your home.
- Your must limit exercise to once a day for a maximum of 1 hour.
- If you are a parent or guardian who is caring for a young child or someone who cannot be left unattended then they may accompany you.
Care and health care
- You can leave home to recieve health care of attend medical appointments.
- You can leave home to care for a sick or eldery relative. Keep 1.5m distance when you do. Wear a face covering.
- You can leave home to accompany someone for essential medical treatment, if you are a parent, guardian or necessary support person.
- You can take a pet to the vet.
- If you can work from home, you must continue to do so.
- Study at TAFE & university must be done remotely
- You can still visit an intimate partner
- Shared parenting arrangements, both formal and informal, can continue for children.
- You can leave home if there is an emergency.
- You can leave home if there is family violence, or violence by another person in the home, and you are at risk. If you are stopped by police, tell them you are feeling unsafe at home and they will help you. Safe accommodation and support for family violence is available. Call safe steps on 1800 015 188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Stage 3 restrictions will be in place from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August for Regional Victoria, including Mitchell Shire.
Everyone must wear a mask when they leave home, unless an exception applies. This is enforceable across regional Victoria from 11:59pm on Sunday 2 August.
For further information on this go to the dhhs website.
What Stage 4 Restrictions mean for Victorian businesses?
Source: Daniel Andrews MP
Businesses to remain OPEN
- Supermarkets; grocery shops such as butchers, bakers, green grocers; bottle-shops; convenience stores and newsagents; petrol stations’ pharmacies and post offices.
- Cafes and restaurants can serve takeaway and delivery only
- Support services such as food banks will remain open
Businesses that are CLOSING
- Hairdressing; professional, administrative, financial and office services; call centres; wholesale trade and manufacturing, unless supporting open industries.
- Retail open for clic and collect and delivery only
- Hardware, building and garden stores to open to tradespeople, otherwise its click and collect and delivery only.
- Property and real estate, with online inspections and auctions permitted.
Businesses will need to shut by 11:59pm Wednesday 5 August, unless they have specific circumstances that mean they need longer to do so safely.
Business with RESTRICTED OPERATIONS
- Food production and meat processing
- Warehousing, distribution centres and cold storage
These industries will have limits on the number of workers onsite at any time and have additional obligations on outbreak prevention and response.
This includes staggered shifts and break times and extra PPE
All open businesses and services will have until 11:59pm Friday 7 August to enact their COVIDSafe plan.